(Recasts first paragraph; adds stock price, details) CHICAGO, July 31 (Reuters) - Auto parts retailer Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack said on Thursday it will close 33 stores, cut 700 store jobs and eliminate 160 management positions in order to boost profits. The Philadelphia-based company said its cost-cutting moves, the first by new Chief Executive Officer Lawrence Stevenson, are aimed at saving about $11 million annually. Pep Boys said it expects to take a second-quarter pre-tax ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Pep Boys to close 33 stores, cut jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642