(Adds latest prices para 11, background 12-13) By Steven Swindells LONDON, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Platinum soared to its highest price in nearly 17 years on Thursday, boosted by U.S. President George W. Bush's call for more research into fuel cell technology. Spot platinum traded at $673.00 an ounce, hitting levels not seen since September, 1986 and marking a rally that has taken the white metal from under $450.00 last year. Bush called in his State of the Union speech on Tuesday for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Platinum soars on Bush call for fuel cell funding" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.