(Adds details, background) FRANKFURT, March 24 (Reuters) - Luxury carmaker Porsche unveiled a takeover offer for Volkswagen on Saturday at 14 percent below Friday's closing stock price. The German maker of high-performance cars also said it does not want majority control of Europe's largest automaker. Porsche said in a statement it intended soon to raise its voting stake in Volkswagen to up to 31 percent from the current 27.3 percent. The larger holding forces it under German law to bid ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Porsche to launch low-ball bid for Volkswagen" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642