(Adds background) FRANKFURT, April 30 (Reuters) - German sports car maker Porsche launched its lowball takeover offer for Volkswagen on Monday, offering less than current market prices in expectation of not getting a majority stake. Porsche, which is already the largest shareholder in VW, was required to bid for Europe's biggest carmaker after Porsche's voting stake exceeded 30 percent in March, but it has made clear it is not striving for majority control at this stage. German ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Porsche launches lowball VW bid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.