(Adds detail, background, changes dateline from FRANKFURT) STUTTGART, Germany, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Sports car maker Porsche said on Friday it had recalled 22,158 of its Cayenne sports utility vehicles worldwide due to wiring problems that could lead to a cable fire beneath the instrument panel. The problem that needed to be fixed was that a spring in the brake could chafe on electrical cables, a Porsche spokesman said. There had been no known accidents due to the problem so far, he said. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Porsche recalls Cayenne SUVs due to wiring problem" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.