(Adds Porsche comment, background) TOKYO, Nov 23 (Reuters) - German luxury carmaker Porsche has asked Japan's Toyota , the world's second-largest automaker, to share the hybrid technology used in its popular Prius model, a Japanese newspaper said on Tuesday. Toyota is taking a positive view of the proposed deal and expects to start negotiations soon, the Asahi Shimbun said without citing sources. In Stuttgart, a Porsche spokesman reiterated that the company was still studying the use ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Porsche seeks Toyota hybrid technology deal-report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.