(adds details) PARIS, Dec 27 (Reuters) - French carmaker PSA Peugeot Citroen said on Thursday it had selected Kaluga, 180 km southwest of Moscow, as the Russian plant to spearhead its drive into one of the world's fastest growing car markets. Peugeot said it chose Kaluga over Nizhny Novgorod, some 400 km east of Moscow, because of logistics and its proximity to the Moscow market. It gave no financial details. "Volkswagen is also installed in the region and with two big car groups there ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-PSA selects Kaluga for Russian car plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.