(Adds analyst, quotes from acting governor) MOSCOW, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday appointed the head of Russia's biggest carmaker AvtoVaz as acting governor of the industrial Samara region, the Kremlin said. AvtoVaz chief Vladimir Artyakov will take over from Konstantin Titov, Samara governor since the 1990s, who handed his resignation to Putin, the Kremlin press service said in a statement. Putin acquired the right to nominate governors in 2004, when ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Putin names car giant boss as regional governor" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.