* Putin pledges over $1 bln state support to car makers * AvtoVAZ up 28 pct in Moscow, Kamaz up 14 pct * Car sales may fall by over 60 pct, worse than expected By Anton Doroshev and Simon Shuster TOGLIATTI, Russia, March 30 (Reuters) - Russia pledged over $1 billion in state support to its ailing car industry in a bid to avoid heavy job losses and potential social unrest as the once booming car market may contract 60 percent this year. "Unlike some other companies, AvtoVAZ has not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Putin offers auto aid to avert GM-type job cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.