DETROIT, Jan 25 (Reuters) - U.S. safety regulators said on Tuesday that they have opened a preliminary investigation into a potential problem with wheel studs on 2010 Ford Motor Co Fusion models. Regulators with the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said they have received four complaints regarding fractures of wheel studs in Fusions with low mileage. A fracture in a wheel stud may cause loss of control of the vehicle. (Reporting by Bernie Woodall; Editing by Bernard Orr)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Regulators looking into Ford Fusion wheels" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.