(Adds detail, background) BOMBAY, Feb 23 (Reuters) - France's Renault may export cars and car parts from India once a local joint venture starts production, a senior official said on Wednesday. Renault, unveiling a joint venture with Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd. (M&M) , may also sell the Indian firm's Scorpio sports utility vehicle through its global distribution channel. "We would like to source car parts for right-hand-drive markets from India, as it may be more economical," said ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Renault eyes India for exports of cars and parts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.