(Adds details, background) PARIS, Feb 26 (Reuters) - French carmaker Renault plans to spend 230 million euros to build a new car model in Russia from 2005, the biggest investment by a foreign carmaker in the lucrative new market, it said on Wednesday. The new family saloon X90 model would be built at the factory of Renault's local unit Avtoframos, which will employ some 2,000 staff and should reach annual production of 60,000 vehicles after two or three years, the firm said in a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Renault to invest 230 mln euros in Russian plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.