(Adds details) PARIS, Oct 27 (Reuters) - French carmaker Renault said on Monday it would create a joint venture with an Iranian consortium to build and sell its cut-price X90 car in the fast-growing market. Renault said it would hold 51 percent of the joint venture while Iranian company AID -- a consortium of the public auto industry body IDRO and Iran's two main carmakers -- would hold 49 percent. The venture would be launched in early 2004 and production would start in 2006, with an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Renault says to create car making venture in Iran" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.