(Updates price in 4th para) By Martin Hayes LONDON, May 19 (Reuters) - Rhodium jumped to a 26-year high on Friday due to supply tightness, and prices looked set to exceed 1980's all-time record of $7,000 an ounce soon. Traders said an already tight market for rhodium, used in the manufacture of autocatalysts and in glass-making, was being squeezed further by speculators buying a metal that has jumped 105 percent this year. "Definitely it will hit that historic high soon. How high can ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Rhodium firm, heads towards 1980 peak of $7,000" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642