* Sharp steel hikes violate existing contracts - Dementyev * Government looking for compromise * No plans to return to steel industry regulation By Gleb Bryanski LAPPEENRANTA, Finland, May 27 (Reuters) - Russian car makers are ready to accept slightly higher steel prices as part of a compromise with steel firms now being negotiated by the government, Deputy Industry Minister Andrei Dementyev said. He said acceptable increases would vary, depending on different kinds of steel, but ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Russia carmakers to accept a steel price rise -govt" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.