(Adds talks with Daimler, details, background) MOSCOW, July 25 (Reuters) - Russian car maker GAZ plans to create a $1 billion joint venture with General Motors , but is also looking at Daimler AG as a partner in the project, GAZ executives said on Friday. The venture will produce around 300,000 cars per year, allowing GAZ and its western partner to compete with French rival Renault in Russia, Leonid Dolgov, head of GAZ's light vehicles division, said. Foreign automobile giants have ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Russia GAZ venture to compete with Renault" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642