* Premier says to increase import duties gradually * Wants overseas carmakers to build plants in Russia * Says very happy with new Lada Kalina Sport (Adds Putin comments, background, detail) By Gleb Stolyarov MOSCOW, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Russia will increase import duties on foreign cars to encourage investment in local manufacturing plants and boost domestic players, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin told the news channel Vesti 24. Speaking from behind the wheel of a locally produced ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Russia to raise import tariffs on cars - Putin" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.