(Adds GAZ statement, conference call, background) MOSCOW/LONDON, July 31 (Reuters) - Russian auto maker GAZ Group agreed to buy British vanmaker LDV on Monday, securing production and 850 jobs at the firm's plant in central England. The company, controlled by metals tycoon Oleg Deripaska, said it planned to boost production at the LDV plant in Birmingham and also start making LDV vans in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia, aiming to make 20,000 vans per year in 2008. LDV plans to produce 10,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Russia's GAZ Group to buy LDV, expand UK plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.