(Adds Reinfeldt comment, background) BRATISLAVA, Feb 23 (Reuters) - The Swedish government can guarantee a European Investment Bank loan to General Motors unit Saab if a new owner that can cover half the necessary financing emerges, Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt said on Monday. Loss-making Saab sought protection from creditors this week to survive the current global economic malaise and buy time to find a new owner after GN decided to cut its ties with the unit by the start of 2010. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Saab owner must cover half of financing-Swedish PM" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.