* Strike cuts production by about 17,000 vehicles * Carmakers hit included Toyota, Ford, GM, BMW and Daimler (Adds background, details) JOHANNESBURG, Aug 20 (Reuters) - South African automobile manufacturers and a union representing thousands of auto workers have reached a deal on wages, ending a costly eight-day strike, employers' body AMEO said on Friday. The Automobile Manufacturers Employers Organisation said it and union Numsa signed a wage agreement on Friday. The three-year ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-SAfrica autoworkers, firms in deal to end strike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.