(Adds comments from company president) SHANGHAI, May 27 (Reuters) - The outlook for China's car industry had turned to neutral from positive, weighed down by factors such as rising inflation and weaker consumer confidence, the top executive of SAIC Motor Corp said on Friday. President Chen Hong also said he expects the country's overall vehicle market to grow 7.4 percent this year to 19.7 million vehicles, slowing down after expanding by nearly a third in 2010. "The environment of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-SAIC Motor expects sharp slowdown in China vehicle market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.