(Adds background) TURIN, June 25 (Reuters) - Sanpaolo IMI , one of Fiat's oldest banking allies, will help underwrite a planned capital increase at the struggling Italian carmaker but has not yet blessed other Fiat plans, a financial source said on Wednesday. Fiat is due to announce a new restructuring plan on Thursday aimed at ending deep losses and is widely expected to set a share issue to raise about two billion euros backed by its creditor banks. Sanpaolo, which like Fiat is based ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Sanpaolo agrees Fiat capital hike, rest on hold-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.