Dec 24 (Reuters) - Sanyo Electric Co plans to raise its annual output capacity for automotive lithium-ion batteries by 150 percent, by investing about 15 billion yen (about $180 million) in a key plant, the Nikkei reported. Sanyo's production lines at the Kasai plant in Hyogyo Prefecture, which will double to four in 2011, will produce batteries with capacities of 20 ampere-hours or higher for use in plug-in hybrids and electric vehicles, the daily said. The company produces lithium-ion ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Sanyo to boost output of auto Lithium batteries-Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.