* Overlaps with Panasonic no cause for withdrawal-president * Shares down 1.2 pct vs Nikkei's 1.5 pct gain OSAKA, Dec 24 (Reuters) - Japan's Sanyo Electric Co Ltd said its takeover by Panasonic Corp is unlikely to cause the world's largest rechargeable battery maker to withdraw from any of its existing businesses. Panasonic this month acquired a majority stake in Sanyo, raising investor concerns over the fate of some of Sanyo's operations that overlap with Panasonic's, such as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Sanyo: no plan to shut businesses because of takeover" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642