* Scania to enter India's on-road truck market * Production to begin in early 2013 * Targets 2,000 truck sales over next 5 years (Adds quotes, details) BANGALORE, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Swedish truck maker Scania AB will invest 1.5 billion rupees ($30.1 million) in an assembly plant in southern India, as the company eyes surging growth in large commercial vehicle sales in Asia's third-largest economy. Scania's entry into India's truck and bus sector comes as global manufacturers such as Daimler ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Scania to invest $30 mln in India plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.