(Rewrites with market reaction, adds Investor comment, analyst) By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Shares in Swedish truckmaker Scania fell nearly 8 percent on Tuesday after its biggest shareholder, Volkswagen , rejected a higher takeover offer for Scania from Germany's MAN . Instead, Volkswagen Chief Executive Bernd Pischetsrieder laid out a rival scenario in which MAN would abandon its bid for Scania in favour of a new three-way merger that would include VW's own ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Scania stock skids as VW torpedoes MAN bid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.