(Adds byline, updates throughout with company statement) By Niala Boodhoo WASHINGTON, Sept 26 (Reuters) - All Segway electronic scooters, touted as an invention that would revolutionize human transport, were voluntarily recalled on Friday for a software upgrade because of a power problem, the company and U.S. safety regulators said. Segway has received three reports of riders falling off its single-person "Human Transporters" because of the power issue, including one person who ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Segway scooters recalled over power issue-CPSC" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642