(Adds details, background) WASHINGTON, Jan 19 (Reuters) - Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Arlen Specter said on Wednesday he was proposing a $140 billion trust fund to compensate asbestos victims while ending their right to sue for damages. Specter told members of the Judiciary Committee he would introduce his proposed bill next week. "That figure will be set at $140 billion," he said of the overall amount for the fund, which would be financed by industry and insurers. In previous ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Sen. Specter proposes $140 bln U.S. asbestos fund" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.