(Updates with details of draft bill, edits) By Susan Cornwell WASHINGTON, May 19 (Reuters) - The Republican senator crafting legislation to curb asbestos lawsuits said on Monday he would introduce a bill this week, and he appeared to have picked up a pledge of co-sponsorship from at least one Democrat. Sen. Orrin Hatch, a Utah Republican, said he was publishing the draft of his proposal to establish a $108 billion national trust fund to compensate asbestos victims, cap company ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Senator to introduce asbestos bill Thursday" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.