(Adds details, quotes, analyst comments) By Ben Blanchard SHANGHAI, July 31 (Reuters) - Shanghai Automotive Co Ltd , owner of one-fifth of General Motors Corp's Shanghai car plant, said on Thursday its quarterly net profit soared 115 percent as China's demand for cars continued to boom. Severe competition in the industry, however, meant it would have to improve management practices and keep an eye on costs, the company said. China is increasingly a focus for global auto makers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Shanghai Auto Q2 net profit more than doubles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.