(Adds comment from General Motors, background) SHANGHAI, Nov 20 (Reuters) - Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp, China's number-two auto maker, has unloaded its 20 percent stake in Chery, which is in a piracy dispute with General Motors Corp , industry sources said on Thursday. Anhui-based SAIC-Chery Automobile Co gave the 20 percent stake to Shanghai Automotive, an equal partner in China ventures with General Motors Volkswagen AG , for free in 2001 in return for the right to use its brand ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Shanghai Automotive gives up Chery stake -sources" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642