(Adds new daily consumption record set on Friday in paragraph 5) By Ben Blanchard SHANGHAI, July 23 (Reuters) - China's commercial hub of Shanghai, grappling with a worsening power crunch, has ordered its two largest auto makers to shut production for more than a week, company executives said on Friday. Volkswagen AG halted operations from last Friday for 10 days -- but said that would not affect overall output because it had ramped up production ahead of time to compensate. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Shanghai power crunch hits VW as daily usage peaks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642