(Adds details, background, previous New York) DETROIT, March 21 (Reuters) - At least six people were injured on Monday in an accident at a steel plant in the River Rouge industrial complex outside Detroit, authorities said. A spokesman for Severstal Steel , the Russian company that owns the plant, said the accident occurred when molten steel spilled out of a transport vehicle, igniting two of its massive tires and causing them to explode. "They carry a pretty powerful punch," spokesman ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Six hurt in Detroit-area steel plant accident" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642