(Adds quotes from letter, background on state of industry) DETROIT, Oct 30 (Reuters) - The governors of six states urged the U.S. Treasury and the Federal Reserve to take "immediate action" to prevent a deepening crisis for the auto industry that would become "an unmanageable disaster" for state governments, in a letter released on Thursday. "While all sectors of the economy are experiencing difficult times, the automotive industry is particularly challenged," the letter said. "As a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Six U.S. governors urge support for auto industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.