(Adds details) MUMBAI, April 26 (Reuters) - Bearings maker SKF India Ltd. plans to spend 1.5 billion rupees to expand its ball bearings capacity by more than a third to cater to the growing Indian auto sector, a top official said. The plant in Uttarakhand in northern India would be the company's third unit in the country and have the capacity to make 48 million bearings. It start in March 2008 and employ 300 workers, SKF said in a statement. "The new plant reinforces our desire to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-SKF India plans third bearings plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642