(Adds comments from Hyundai Motor and analyst, valuations) By Kim Yeon-hee SEOUL, Aug 29 (Reuters) - Unionised workers at South Korea's second-largest car maker, Kia Motors Corp. , started five days of strike action on Monday, adding to stoppages at larger affiliate Hyundai Motor Co. . South Korean car firms traditionally face tough annual wage negotiations with their unions each summer and poor labour relations remain a big hurdle to the sector's global aspirations. Labour unrest is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-S.Korea auto strikes spread as Kia joins Hyundai" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.