(Adds details) SEOUL, April 30 (Reuters) - South Korea, the world's biggest shipbuilding nation, has doubled its planned financial support for troubled shipbuilders and related suppliers to $7 billion, citing deepening liquidity problems amid an order draught. The global shipbuilding industry is suffering a major downturn as orders have screeched to a halt due to a collapse in world trade and shipping company's financing difficulties. Shippers worldwide are idling their fleets, while ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-S.Korea doubles support for shipbuilders to $7 bln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.