(Adds details, background, share) FRANKFURT, July 6 (Reuters) - Global sales at DaimlerChrysler's prestigious Mercedes Car Group rose 2.0 percent in June to 105,700 units, the first year-on-year rise since December, the German-American car maker said on Tuesday. Sales of the tiny "smart" cars rose nearly 37 percent to 13,700 last month, helping take up the slack from the flagship Mercedes-Benz line, whose sales eased 1.8 percent to 92,000, the company said. Daimler's Mercedes group ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-"Smart" demand boosts Mercedes sales 2 pct in June" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.