By Glenn Somerville and Mark Felsenthal WASHINGTON, Jan 25 (Reuters) - Congress will receive a "quite austere" budget proposal next month that tightens the grip on spending, Treasury Secretary John Snow pledged on Wednesday, adding that constraining the budget deficit will be a major priority this year. In an interview with Reuters, Snow said while this year's budget deficit was forecast to top $400 billion, he was confident the Bush administration can regain a path toward reducing it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Snow pledges austere US budget, focus on deficits" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.