(Adds details, quotes, forecast) MUMBAI, Aug 22 (Reuters) - Sona Koyo Steering Systems Ltd. and Japan's JTEKT Corp. plan to invest 1.5 billion rupees in a plant that would make column-type electric power steerings, a top Sona official said on Wednesday. The plant, with a capacity to make 500,000 steerings a year, would begin production by April 2010 and was projected to have revenues of 4.5 billion rupees from the third year of operation, Sona Koyo's Chairman Surinder Kapur told Reuters. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Sona Koyo to set up plant with Japan's JTEKT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.