DETROIT, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Auto dealer group Sonic Automotive Inc. said on Tuesday its third-quarter earnings fell as its domestic franchises performed poorly. Sonic said it earned $17.5 million, or 41 cents a share, in the quarter, down from $32 million, or 73 cents a share, in the same period a year ago. The results from this quarter included $9.3 million, or 23 cents a share, in costs related to debt buyback and issuance of new bonds. Revenue increased 5 percent to $2 billion. O. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Sonic Automotive earnings decline" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.