(Recasts, adds details and background) DETROIT, July 29 (Reuters) - Auto dealership chain Sonic Automotive Inc posted a 59 percent decline in quarterly earnings on Tuesday, hurt by an industrywide slowdown in U.S. new vehicle sales. The No. 3 U.S. auto retailer said net income fell to $10.9 million, or 27 cents a share, from $26.4 million, or 57 cents a share, a year earlier. The company reported a profit of 49 cents share from continuing operations. Revenue fell 1.7 percent to $ ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Sonic Automotive profit down 59 percent" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642