(Adds details, share price, background) DETROIT, July 29 (Reuters) - Auto dealer group Sonic Automotive Inc. on Tuesday reported weaker quarterly earnings as new dealerships failed to offset a drop in sales of used vehicle sales industrywide. The Charlotte, North Carolina-based company also cut the top end of its earnings outlook for the full year. Sonic said second-quarter net earnings fell to $28.5 million, or 68 cents per share, from $31.5 million, or 71 cents, in the year-ago ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Sonic earnings fall, trims full-year outlook" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.