(Adds details, background) TOKYO, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Sony Corp will buy Toyota Industries Corp's stake in their small-sized liquid crystal display joint ventures, in its latest step to focus on its core operations. The two firms said on Wednesday they will merge ST Liquid Crystal Display Corp., a 50-50 venture, and ST Mobile Display Corp., owned 80 percent by Sony and 20 percent by Toyota Industries, on December 1. Both ventures make displays for digital cameras, camcorders and mobile ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Sony to buy Toyota Industries stake in LCD JVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.