(Adds detail, comments) By Sarah Morris and Andrew Hay MADRID, July 30 (Reuters) - Spanish retail sales suffered a record plunge in June as a severe economic slowdown hurt multinational retailers in what was until recently the world's fastest growing developed economy. Sales at Spanish stores ranging from supermarkets to cellphone shops fell 7.9 percent in calendar-adjusted terms from the year-earlier month, marking the worst performance since Spain began registering the results. It ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Spain sends send chill through retail world" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.