(adds rail company reaction, new competitor) MADRID, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Spanish freight users say a sharp rise in rail transport costs and the cancellation of many services will drive hundreds of thousands of tonnes of goods onto the country's roads. Spain's transport policy theoretically backs railways with hefty investments in high speed passenger links between cities. The government is also under pressure to curb rising carbon dioxide emissions from cars if it is to meet its Kyoto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Spanish freight users say rail hike to clog roads" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642