(Updates with comments from union representative in Santander) By Andrew Hay MADRID, Jan 29 (Reuters) - Spanish unions on Thursday called for regional protests against layoffs at big firms and lending restrictions by banks after the global crisis sent Spain's unemployment rate to the highest in the European Union. In the first wave of demonstrations to hit Spain since it entered recession last year, unions urged workers to march through Santander in northern Spain on Thursday night ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Spanish unions call for wave of protests" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.