(Rewrites first paragraph. Adds more detail, closing stock price.) CHICAGO, May 27 (Reuters) - Spartan Motors Inc. said on Tuesday it will close its St. Paul, Minnesota, ambulance unit by year-end and consolidate production in Marion, South Carolina, as it cuts costs. The Charlotte, Mich.-based manufacturer of custom chassis and emergency-rescue vehicles also said it will take a pretax charge of $700,000 during the second and third quarters as a result. Spartan said its Road Rescue ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Spartan Motors to consolidate ambulance operations" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642