(Adds comments by industry spokesman) NEW YORK, Nov 30 (Reuters) - New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer said on Thursday that his office told four large U.S. insurers they must stop paying contingent commissions to agents and brokers selling automobile, homeowners and other insurance. The notices stem from settlements reached earlier this year by Ace Ltd. , American International Group Inc. , St Paul Travelers Companies Inc. and Zurich Financial Services with Spitzer's office. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Spitzer tells insurers to cease placement fees" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.