(Adds production cut size, backgrounds, shares) SEOUL, May 20 (Reuters) - South Korean sport utility vehicle (SUV) maker Ssangyong Motor Co said on Tuesday it planned to cut its SUV production for six weeks as record-breaking oil prices have hit sales of the gas-guzzlers. Ssangyong, owned by China's SAIC Motor Corp , and the firm's labour the union have agreed to switch production from the current day-shift/night-shift system to just operate the night shift, Ssangyong said in a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Ssangyong to cut SUV production for 6-wks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.